The Stono Institute for Freedom, Justice and Security is an African-American led racial justice orientated human rights non-profit organization. We are seeking a talented Executive Assistant/Digital Media Specialist. As an Executive Assistant you will work directly with our President and CEO and other colleagues to help manage operations, streamline efficiency and market our services. Your digital media responsibilities will include managing, creating and posting original content across our social media platforms to increase market presence and engagement across all our social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Yelp, Google, etc.
- Provide administrative assistance in writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the Executive’s behalf.
- Organize meetings, scheduling, reminders, and small corporate events.
- Answer phone calls in a polite and professional manner
- Welcome visitors and identify the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate department
- Manage the executive’s calendar.
- Create, edit, publish and share engaging content daily with a focus on images, graphics, videos
- Stay up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Develop creative online engagement tactics in support of their marketing strategy and goals.
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective clients and supporters
- Ability to report on best performing posts and social metrics
- Monitor and leverage hashtags and trending content relevant to the organization
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer conversations
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout) for consistency with brand guidelines and overall digital presence.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be comfortable working in a diverse environment with African-Americans
- Must be culturally competent and contented with racial justice advocacy
- Must be competent in using Microsoft Office produces (word, excel, powerpoint, etc…)
- Must be able to type 45 WPM
- Must be faithful, available, and teachable
- Must wear appropriate casual business attire
- Must demonstrate appropriate business behavior
- Must have reliable work ethic
- Must be a team player, contributing ideas in group meetings and possessing superior and persuasive communication skills
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Proactive and self-direction
- Interpersonal skills
- Experience in a foreign language a plus, particularly French or Spanish
- Must be experienced in managing social media
Proven work experience with social media content creation and community management
- Experience with SEO and website content management (not required but preferred)
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Solid understanding of leveraging hashtags and trending topics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Excellent communication and copy writing skills
- Understanding of social media analytics (not required but preferred)
- Proficient in photo editing using Adobe Photoshop
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off (waiting period applies)
- Company phone (waiting period applies)
- Retirement Plan (waiting period applies)
Applicant will work directly for the President and CEO and other executive leadership as deemed appropriate.
Full-time: $29,000-$33,000 including any fringe benefits.
Monday to Friday and some weekends
Work Day: 9AM-5PM